I suppose I could call these New Years’ resolutions, but “action plan” sounds so much more official, and much more likely to get done, so there you go. Mostly, I want 2014 to be a productive writing year (which 2013 was not), but there are a few others things I want to work on as well.
- Complete a first draft of Ma’mun: Fire Dancer, for editing in the latter part of 2014 to early 2015.
- Complete three more short stories. Query each one at least three times.
- Complete second D.N.A. novella.
Blog/Social Network Goals
- Blog once a week, on Sunday. (1 interview a month, 1 book review/reading update, 2 candid)
- Comment on other blogs more. Use downtime at work to get caught up on reading Mon/Thurs every week.
- Use Pinterest, Deviantart, and Wattpad more, to help expand author brand presence. (Wed/Fri)
- Attempt to understand Twitter.
- I’ve already done a post on this here, but…. Read at least 50 books.
- Review at least one indie book for Pankhearst Reviews every two months.
- Read at least 5 writing craft/author brand/marketing books.
- Two days off of work a week, so the above can be accomplished.
- Pay off 50% of one student loan.
- Lose 20kg.
- Run at least 10km a week during spring, summer, and fall.
- Dedicate at least 2 hours a week to artistic endeavors (digital or sketching)
- Learn InDesign, Illustrator, and Advanced Photoshop CS6 in the Adobe Suite.
What are your goals for 2014?